Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dear Reader Letter


Dear Reader,
Working in a fast paced Doctor's office, taking orders from everyone, while receiving low pay was a great experience for a recently graduated Medical Assistant, but the experience left me with wanting more. I decided that it was time to go back to school and become a Registered Nurse, so I could give the orders and receive the higher pay. Becoming a Nurse was going to be a long road for me and I didn't quite know where to start. I have been out of high school for seven years now and thought it would be best to start with English 97.

On my first day of English 97 I thought the class was going to be a breeze becasue I already knew how to write. Little did I know, there was a ton of stuff that I didn't know about sentence structure and punctuation. I ended up learning a lot about how to fine tune my writing, improve my skills, and how to use different writing techniques. After completing English 97 I feel that I am on the right track to becoming a successful college student and one day a Nurse. I am looking forward to learning even more next quarter in English 98.

The e-portfolio that I have put together refelcts a lot back on me. I chose pieces that I thought best show my writing abilities and pieces that are about subjects that are a part of my life. For example I have written several on different aspects of ATV riding, a hobby that I love to do; I also wrote papers on snowboarding .

Thank you for taking the time to view my e-portfolio. I hope you enjoy reading the pieces of writing I have selected as much as I have enjoyed writing them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did a really nice job putting it together. i really like you dear reader letter.

Emily V said...

I'm glad we had class together too, and also that we have it again for 98!! You'r portfilio looks great, espeically your pictures, they definalty pull the reader into each of your stories! oh and by the way.. I love your portfolio title!! HAHA