Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Introduction to Reeder Pit

The second piece of writing is from a show not tell journal that was written in January 2007. A show not tell journal is where you describe soemthing in a way that lets the reader know what your talking about without comming right out and saying it. For example the trails in my journal are difficult to ride on, but I decscribe why they are difficult, so that the reader can picture it. The title of my paper is "Reeder Pit", which is one of the places I go to ride my quad. I chose this piece as my best descriptive paper beacuse it allows to feel what it's like to ride some of these trails. The strength of the paper comes from the description of not only what the trails look like, but also the challenges I face when I'm riding them. My sentence that shows this is; "The trails are a mix of sharp, jagged rocks to giant, swampy mud holes with tree ruts and other debris to climb over." I also wanted to share the one because ATV riding was the focus of my blog this quarter.

No comments: