Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Introduction to Granite Peaks Lodge


The first piece of writing I have chosen to share with you is our first major writing assignment. I wrote this piece in January 2007 and it's titled "Granite Peaks Lodge." This piece is a descriptive paper, and I chose it because I feel it is the paper that I have made several improvements to throughout the writing process.The strength of the paper comes from my descriptive word choices and the sensory details I have chosen. "The lodge's exterior mimics and old rustic log cabin, giving you a sense of warmth and an invitation for a good time." A good use of sensory details would be "The smell of Tully's roasted coffee beans fill the air with a heavenly aroma."I feel these sentences give the reader a clear picture of what kind of place it is and the paper allows you to know what I experiece when I am there. Another reason why I chose this paper is I love to snowbaord and the lodge is one of the high lights of my day when I travel to Steven's Pass.

No comments: